Monday, March 27, 2006

International Mission abt Indonesia @ Sunday School - Montgomery Assembly of God



Mom told me that I got some messages on the phone.I checked the voice messages, I got one message from Sister Kathie.I called her back,but she didn’t answer me.I left a message and left my cellphone no.


 


Later on,when I was making Nastar ( Keke's order to bring to Batavia,Slumber Party at Nia's house ),she called me.She said on Sunday,there’s Intl Mission in Children Sunday School.She wanted me to talk abt Indonesia.By telling the kids about Indonesians,the cultures,the Christian lives  there,would enrich the kids’ knowledge abt other nations.


 


I prepared my stuff on Sunday morning.I took out my Ulos, Indonesian cooking book,Alkitab ( Bible) and brought a box of Indomie.


 


When I was there,a British lady was introducing abt British cultures.



 


 


Then,I was invited to introduce abt Indonesia. I was so happy!!!


Long time ago,before I came here,I used to be a Sunday School teacher.I taught kindergartens and teenagers.When I saw the kids, I felt like I was doing ministries at my own church in Medan.


 


I started introducing the map of Indonesia ( some kids don’t know where Indonesia is. )….poor me…. Hehehehhehehe. Then,I showed them the Bataknese outfits. I asked some girls to come to the stage,and tried them on.One girl named Jade said, “ I love these outfits!!!”



 


Later, I called boys to come forward.I put him a hat,named  GOTONG and ULOS to other boy. They laughed and said,” Woww..I do look good in this!! “.


 


 


The next thing was, I shared them some Nastar and gave them one each.They loved them!!! Is it all ?? No…no…no…. I took my box of Indomie and said,” This is noddles from Indonesia.I’ll give you one each.But,if you can read my Bible in my language, I’ll give you double.”


 


One kid said, “ Alkiteb”, the other said,” Alkitab!!” and other one said,” Alkita “. Hehehehhehe. I gave double noddles to the 2 kids. I left the rest of the noddles in the church. When I was done, Jade told Noei,” I wish she didn’t leave.” Hahahhahahahaha.We laughed,and I said,” I am  here every Sunday,Jade.” She came to me and said,” Can I have a pic with the outfits?I love them!!! “. Oh well, yes,for sure.When the service was over, I took her to another room and took a pic of her. She’s cute!!!!!!!!!!!


 



Lil American - Bataknese girl!!!


 


 



 I told Ronnie,”She’s a lil blond Bataknese girl!!! ^______^ . Her grandma laughed.


 


 


Thank you to Sis Kathie and Noei for giving me a chance to share with the kids. I loved doing that. May God Bless You!!!!!



21 comments:

  1. Seneng,ada yg msh menghargai budaya Indo.^_____^

    ReplyDelete
  2. mei2 justru gw berasa setelah tgl di LN jadi makin menghargai budaya sndr :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Correcto.Baru sadar kalo budaya sendiri itu ternyata unik.Krn beda dari yg lain, jadi keliatan makin berharga sekali. Proud to be Indonesian,for sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. salut deh liat Eda Mei...memperkenalkan kebudayaan kita pada orang orang sini..The girl looks very nice with the outfit...Lucu liatnya ...Btw, eda Batak apa sih? soalnya bajunya beda gitu..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Batak Simalungun,Da,dari Haranggaol. Kental banget Simalungunnya.^____^. O tene, botoooooo.. Hahahhahaha ( itu bahasa khas Simalungun tuh )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waw...keren bangat Mei , aku di sini ngajar sunday school juga....Mei emangnya kamu dapat dari mana tuh..pakaian simalungun...Lucu blonde tapi pakai baju batak's so funny....but realy coollllllllllllllll

    ReplyDelete
  7. Itu pakaian wkt nikah kmrn di sini.Sengaja dibawa,biar kita ada acara tradisi bataknya,walau gak full program gitu.Ntar kalo plg ke Siantar,baru deh pake acara adat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow mei, how precious experience it was! and the lil blond girl sooo happy and cute, you are good to make ppl happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bangga banget Jade nya,Jen.Besok2 mo diprint,biar dia pajang di rmhnya.Ini anak ternyata diajarin sama Mommynya berbagai bahasa spt French,Chinese and Spanish.Keren ya?

    ReplyDelete
  10. WAH LUTUNA MEI ITU ANAK2 BLONDIE BULE PAKE BAJU ADAT BATAK HEHEHE :), TWO THUMBS UP BUAT KAMU MEI..!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mei.mei..bangga deh liatnya...good job girl!
    kayaknya cocok jug anih Mei mei jadi sunday school teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute ya??? Gak sabaran ntar kalo ada anak sendiri,disuruh fotoan begini.Hahhahaha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mei-Mei,

    You are so precious! God has blessed you in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  14. macem2 aja lo anak bule pake baju batak...tapi lucu juga seh...idea2 lo gila tapi gw salut dah...* jangan ke GR-an lo * :))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Donnaaaaaaaaaaa..Huggggggggggggggggssssssss.How are you doing???? THanks a lot, Donna.God bless you,too.Are you coming this weekend?We have a live band!!! I'll see you in the bar with your hubby,ok???

    ReplyDelete
  16. Misi nya bagus banget, Mei .... :thumb: buat kamu ..., anak2 nya cute banget pake pakaian itu .... eh, boleh dong pinjem ??? ... :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Boleh.Ntar kalo jadi ke MI ya.Hahahahah.Sayang,kebayanya gak muat lagi. Lagi pusing nih cari kebaya.Ada Oom yg mo ke sini tgl 31 Mar ini,tapi lupa titip kebaya sama dia.Ntar anak2 diksh pake baju ini deh,trus difoto. *ngebayangin si Asia pake pakaian tradisional beginian,pasti lucu *

    ReplyDelete