Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Broken Hearted

I was tingled this morning by a verse in the Bible, Isaiah 41:10

fear not, for I am with you;   be not dismayed, for I am your God;

I will strengthen you, I will help you,   I will uphold you with my righteous right hand

I kept asking myself why I kept going back to this verse.

When I was talking on the phone with my Mom, Yusi, a friend of mine called me to cellphone. She mentioned about " Christina ". I told her I'd call her back. So, when I was done with Mami, I called her.

She thought I was at Christina's house. I said no. She said that Christina had a miscarriage. Ahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! Christina lives not far from my house, like 5 minutes. I told Yusi I didn't know about it.

So, I called Christina. She was crying emotionally on the phone, told me what happened. She's supposed to have a USG to know the baby's genital. She said OB/GYN couldn't find the baby's heartbeat, so she was asked to come back again the next day. The day she came back, OB/GYN still couldn't find the baby's heartbeat. She's worried. She told the OB/GYN before, that when she's sleeping, she didn't feel anything. 

She went back to the OB/GYN to have another sonogram. The nurse said she couldn't find it. They found out the baby's dead. They said baby's already dead about 1 month ago.

When I heard that, I was broken. I never experienced it, but the sadness, the disappoinment feeling I could sense strongly on her crying.  She was supposed due to around Aug-Sept.

I told her I would come to visit after work. Later, she called me. She was sorry for the phone was cut before. I told her something was bugging me this morning. Now, I knew the verse was shown intentionally. It's for her! Encouragement for her!

I was sad, I cried on the phone with her. I saw a broken hearted there. But the verse in Jer 29:11 , speaks more.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

May Christina and Davis are given strength to get through this loss. And the precious baby sleeps soundly in heaven.

Our prayers, thoughts and love are with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment