Monday, January 24, 2011
Ayam Penyet ( Smashed Fried Chicken )
I use Cornish Hen, perfect size for me and Ronnie.
To make the meat tender, and juicy, and fall off bone, I usually boil the chicken first, then fry it. It turns out better!
I chose " BBQ & Grilling" category, since there's no category for " Frying " :D
1 whole cornish hen
lemon grass powder ( optional )
Red Chilies (as needed, boiled )
tomato ( boiled)
Terasi ( shrimp paste )
1. Boil the whole chicken about 30 minutes ( just to make it tender )
2. Cut the chicken right in the middle, into 2. ( each side has wing, breast and tigh ).
3.Smear the chicken with tumeric powder, lemon grass powder,coriander powder, garlic powder.
4. Marinate about 5-10 mnts.
5. Heat some oil and fry ( you can SMASH the chicken gently, that's why it's called PENYET ( SMASHED ).
6. Fry the chicken till it's golden brown.
In the other hand :
7. Blender the chili,tomato,terasi all together.
8. Optional, you can fry this " SAUCE/SAMBAL" to keep it longer in the refrigerator.
9. Add some Iceburg, or boiled veggies as you like ( Lettuce, Kangkung, Bayam ect )
10. Add Kerupuk ( crackers ) for additional.