I’m not taking a credit for this. I’m rewriting what we’ve heard from our Pastor Dave Bittinger about Thanksgiving.
A season of Thanksgiving.
Thes 5:18 “ Give thanks in all circumstances, for this God’s will for your in Christ Jesus.”
It seems like Thanksgiving is becoming less and less important in America. A day which once was a significant time to count the blessings of God in our lives, families and nation has become simply a day off to eat and watch television.
The Holy Spirit is calling the MAG congregation to make November 2013 “ A SEASON of THANKSGIVING!”
Part -1. BEING THANKFUL
1. The PEACE of Christ in thankfulness ( v.15 )
a. Jesus promised His peace through the Holy Spirit ( John 14:27 )
b. Jesus promised His peace in a world of trouble ( John 16:33 )
c. Life in Jesus “ overflows in thankfulness “. ( Col 2:6-7 )
2. The WORD of Christ in thankfulness ( v.16)
a. The scripture will dwell richly in a thankful heart ( Psalm 119: 10-16 )
b. Songs of worship will flow from a thankful heart ( Eph.5-19-20 )
3. The WORKS for Christ must be done with thankfulness ( v.17 )
a. Is it being done for God’s glory? ( 1Chor 10:31 )
b. Can it be done in the name of the Lord? ( John 14:13 )
c. Can it be done with thankfulness ?
d. Is it a Christ- like action? ( 1 John 2:6 )
e. Will it weaken other Christians? ( 1 Chor 8:1 )
f. Will it hinder my witness for Christ? ( Mat 5:13-16 )
Ways The Holy Spirit can help me be more thankful
1. I will praise God’s name in song and glorify Him with thanksgiving
2. Thanking God for helping me through bereavement due to my beloved Mom in law passed away in Sep’13.
3. Provision and cara for me and my family these past years. Answers to prayes and deliverance from all my fears.
NOW, what's yours?