Thursday, November 14, 2013
A Season of Thanksgiving ( Part 2 )
Let's continue with Part.2
A Season of Thanksgiving
1 Thess 5:18 " Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
Part 2. QUESTIONS ABOUT THANKING GOD
* The repeated refrain " His love endures forever " in Psalm 136 teaches us that God's love is the foundation for all His actions on our behalf and the source of all our thanksgiving. This is a fundamental concept in developing a thankful heart.
* 3 questions to answer to gain a thankful heart:
1. WHY DO WE OWE GOD THANKS ?
a. He uses all things for our good ( Rom 8:28-29 )
b. He has a plan for good for our lives ( Jer 29:11 )
c. He supplies all our needs ( Phil 4:19 )
d. He gives us victory ( 2Cor 2:14, 1Cor 15:57 )
2. HOW SHOULD WE EXPRESS THANKS ?
a. By praise ( Psalm 107:1-43 )
b. By believing His promises ( Psalm 145:13, 2Cor 1:20 )
c. By fellowship with Him ( 1John 1:3-7 )
d. By proper worship ( John 4-23-24 )
e. By love ( Matt 22: 37-40 )
3. WHEN SHOULD WE GIVE THANKS ?
a. At all times ( 1Thess 5:18 )
b. For all things ( Eph 5:20 )
Ways The Holy Spirit can help thank God this week
1. Write down God's daily provisions this week.
( Thank You God for another award I receive today. To God be the glory!)
2. Express thankfulness to God differently each day this week.
3. Proclaim 1Thess 5:18 to start each day this week.
Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good and His love endures forever!